Saturday, August 23, 2008

16th Aug: Day 8 ~ Back to Bali

... Now I'm really-really scared of car ferry ><"" Back to Bali, Kuta Beach: First time here. Frankly, I thought I was in Phuket Patong Beach... so touristy & commercialised. Same same but different. Our hotel: La' Walon @ Poppies Lane...
Cute litt giraffe at the reception. Erm, I think it's taller then jacQ T.T


And they've got a huge statue of Garuda, the mythical bird, I think.

The gals got a pent-house... but hey, look what they're missing out: TRANSPARENT BATHROOM =.=""" ... designed to bring out the "best" in u while u bathe/poo =.=" look @ MingwenTeo's horrid expression:

... and ... I have to put in this "man" pose =.="""""

'''''''''''''''''''''''''=.=''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

.... Balinese people take great pride in their building design and architectural aesthetics. No matter how small the compound is, they'll have space to squeeze in a waddling pool. Cool!! (:

... out in the streets....

acherly... I never really rested enough. So I dragged myself thru the busy shopping streets of Kuta... nothing much to buy. Nothing much to see.

I needed a poo o.O" ... so I headed into one very chic-looking place call Maccaroni. I ordered an expensive cup of honey melon (28,000RP or S$4); elsewhere can buy @ 15,000RP =.=".

Plonked myself down and wrote on my sunrise orange journal (Rihanna's umbrella-ella-ella-ella-eh-eh-eh blasted from the speakers) ... this silly song's still pretty much stuck in my head; yup, I've a habit of writing journals. It's my way of self-expression & exploration (:

Wow! the place looks really chi-chi... with overhanging shrubs & giant steels painted in brown, resembling tree trunks. And a high ceiling that facilitates airflow... round the hour music from MTV channel. I love their toilet most -- it is fully mirrored ^^




I got really-really tired & went back for a late-noon nappy ^^ I think I caught a cold from the air-con. I'm not a air-con person; I prefer natural air *__*

View from our balcony (besides the transparent bathroom):


At nite: we treated the undergrads to dinner at one of the warungs... to thank them for organising the duck-tour & for treating the seniors so nice ^__^


The Balcony: pre-bday cake for Yuen Simin

No comments: